Finding Your Way
A 12-Week, Coach-Supported Mindfulness & Personal Leadership® Foundations Program
Why Finding Your Way?
This coach-supported everyday mindfulness skills program brings informal, or everyday, mindfulness practices to expats and the globally-minded through the easy-to-access, life changing practices of the Personal Leadership model.
Moving from place to place, between cultures, traditions and languages, building new relationships and navigating new cities and new professional settings can leave us feeling completely lost. Finding Your Way helps you regain your footing by supporting you in learning to turn towards what you're experiencing and to ask – What information can I gather if I’m only right here, right now?
With the Finding Your Way course you'll gain clarity in times of difficulty, deepen your interpersonal relationships at home and at work, adjust better to change and weather transition with a renewed sense of creativity, vision and purpose.
What is Personal Leadership?
Personal Leadership is a mindfulness-based cross-cultural communication framework for helping people navigate culturally complex environments. PL improves active listening and communication skills. It enables you to connect more deeply and with greater awareness inside and out. As a Personal Leadership Senior Facilitator, I'm committed to offering you not just the ideas behind mindfulness practice, but real-world, practical ways to put the skills you'll learn to work for you in your everyday life.
Who should take this course?
This course is perfect for people who are both new to mindfulness and those who have been practicing for a while.
For people new to mindfulness practice, the course offers a gentle, easy-to-understand way to look at a concept that’s gaining in popularity, but about which there is still considerable misconception.
If you’re already a mindfulness practitioner and looking to deepen or renew your practice, this course offers a new way to look at things.
The combined benefit of one-on-one coaching alongside extensive course content means this course is perfect for people who want more than a bandaid solution to the challenges they face.
Moreover, as the only complete, coach-supported Personal Leadership program of its kind, this program offers an incredible training opportunity for human resources professionals, coaches, health and wellness instructors, teachers and school counselors - especially individuals in these fields who work with globally mobile populations. This program will help you connect better to your diverse clients, students and partners by giving you a new, more mindful way to hear, see and respond.
Through videos, audio guided-stillness practices, activities, homework, guided journaling exercises, self-coaching and session prep questions and individual coaching sessions you will:
- Develop an understanding of what it means to practice mindfulness.
- Consider the unique advantages of mindfulness practice for weathering transition, upheaval and uncertainty.
- Gain a complete understanding of the principles and practices of the Personal Leadership model.
- Create a personal vision for how you want to be in the world and learn how to adapt your vision to fit your life regardless of life's changes.
- Be able to recognize "something's up" moments.
- Learn 6 everyday mindfulness practices from the Personal Leadership model to have at your fingertips no matter where you go.
- Better understand your own ingrained judgments and assumptions and how they relate to your decision making, state-of-mind and individual perspective.
- Cultivate a better understanding of your emotions and physical sensations and the information they offer.
- Develop a practice of cultivating stillness.
- Learn how to use the Critical Moment Dialogue tool and be able to apply the Critical Moment Dialogue to an array of life situations from challenging work environment, to parenting, from international transition to health issues.
- Cultivate strategies for accessing your mindfulness and Personal Leadership practices no matter where you go.
- Be able to find new and creative solutions to everyday challenges.
The recommended time frame for completing the course (including all coaching sessions) is 12-16 weeks. The ideal pacing is 1 lesson per week. You will complete the educational portion on your own here on the Teachable platform and then schedule your coaching sessions for every 5-10 days.
This course runs twice per year from September - December and again from February - May. Registration opens every August and January and is open until the course fills. Space is limited to 3 participants per registration period.
Sign up for the World Tree Coaching Newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest news about this program.
This program includes 13 instructional videos, 12 short guided stillness practice audio recordings, 12 sets of self-coaching questions to support your work and over 50 additional linked resources including relevant books, blog posts, websites, videos, podcasts and articles.
Because I know that a globally mobile life means everything in your world is a work in progress – all of the content here is yours to use at your own pace, for as long as you like, again and again. In fact, I encourage you to come back to what you learn in this course again and again whenever you need it.
Scroll down to preview the complete course curriculum.
Other Important Information About This Course
- All participants are required to complete my coaching client registration forms and coaching agreement. If you'd like to preview those forms, they're available here.
- The course content for Finding Your Way is not available as an entirely self-paced, online program. If you're interested in a self-paced option, consider my Essential Practices for Life Between Worlds course.
- If you're interested in offering this program to your group, please get in touch! I can adapt the individual coaching to group coaching on a case-by-case basis.
WELCOME: Hi! I'm Jodi and I'm so glad you've found your way here! As an expat coach, mindfulness teacher and Personal Leadership Senior Facilitator I have the most wonderful job in the world. Every single day, I get to support globally mobile people as they develop the skills they need to succeed at every turn...no matter what life (or lost luggage) throws at them. This work brings me profound joy, love and gratitude and I am so honored to be able to offer these self-paced, online programs in recognition of the need for flexibility when you live a life on the go.
A BIT ABOUT ME: I'm originally from Austin, Texas, and have lived in Spain, Northern Ireland, the Dominican Republic, Madagascar and Japan. I'm a mom to three amazing third culture kids who I'm raising in loving and occasionally chaotic partnership with my husband (whose job takes us around the world). I love reading, writing, nature, running, cooking, dancing in the kitchen and dinner parties. I could spend hours talking with the people I love. Read my full bio here and learn more about my professional background here.
MORE FROM WORLD TREE COACHING: I'm the author of The Expat Activity Book: 20 Personal Development Exercises for Gaining Insight and Maximizing Your Potential Wherever You Are. I'm the co-author (with Leah Evans) of Kids on the Move: 25 Activities to Help Kids Connect, Reflect and Thrive Around the World. I also host a monthly expat video series called Everyday Expats and I blog here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Past participants say...
"Jodi is a pleasure to work with and she really knows her stuff.”
“I love discovering what is out there that I haven’t been noticing before. It is so easy to lose touch with yourself and the world outside because of our busy and often stressful lives, but mindfulness brings you back to your real self."
“The sensitivity Jodi brings to the sessions is extraordinary!”
“What makes it really effective and enjoyable is your positive attitude towards us all and your in-depth knowledge of the practices. I love your course!”
“I have noticed that I am thinking a bit more clearly, I’m making decisions (whether big or small) more strategically, and I am feeling more comfortable with my emotions."